Do you want more calls for electrical jobs? Do you want to generate more leads through your electrician website? My friend, electrician SEO, is all you need to grow your business.
In this detailed guide, we will discuss everything you should know about search engine optimization for your electrician website.
Table of Content
- Why Does Your Electrical Business Need SEO?
- What Is Electrician SEO?
- How SEO Can Help Electricians Grow Their Businesses?
- How to Do SEO for Electricians?
- Electrician SEO: DIY or Hiring an SEO Company
- Things to Consider When Hiring a Company for Electrician SEO
- How do I Get More Electrical Leads?
- Is SEO Relevant in 2022?
Let’s dive in:
Why Does Your Electrical Business Need SEO?
Starting an electrical company is one thing, and making it a success is another. There are 2,23,7767 electrical companies in the US. And electricians in the US annualized business growth is 1.8% from 2017-2022. That said, you will face tough competition for your electrical contracting business, regardless of the areas you serve.
To survive and thrive, you have to stand out from other electrical business owners in areas where you offer electrical services. And the best way to do it is to improve your business’s visibility on organic search.
Are you wondering WHY?
81% of people research online before making any purchase decision, and Google is the most popular search engine for conducting online research.
If your electrical business website ranks on the top in organic search engine results when potential customers search for ‘electrician near me,’ it will undoubtedly generate more leads for your business. And electrician SEO can make that happen.
With the right SEO strategy, your electrical company can feature on the first page of search results for relevant keywords, providing you with more qualified leads.
What Is Electrician SEO?
Electrician SEO is the process of increasing organic traffic to electrician websites from search engines.
A marketing agency offering electrician SEO services implements various strategies to improve the appearance and positioning of electrician websites on search engines.
How SEO Can Help Electricians Grow Their Businesses
Here are some ways how SEO can help your electrical contracting business:
1. Improves Online Visibility
If your website doesn’t rank on the first pages of search engines when potential customers type relevant queries, you’re likely to lose tons of leads.
The main objective of search engine optimization is to improve the online visibility of an electrical website on search engines so that more customers can find the business.
2. Increases Trust and Credibility
Search engine optimization is a powerful digital marketing strategy for electrical contractors to increase trust and credibility.
A higher ranking on search results can signal to potential customers that your business is credible. And when they find valuable content on your site, it can build trust.
3. Boosts Brand Awareness
Increasing brand awareness goes a long way to growing your electrical company.
When your potential customers find your website on the top of search engine results for relevant keywords, it will increase brand awareness for your business.
4. Offers Better ROI
When it comes to ROI, search engine optimization outshines the most popular digital marketing channels. According to FirstPageSage, SEO can offer 748% ROI.
Therefore, SEO campaigns run by a reputed digital marketing company can make a big difference in increasing leads.
5. Helps You Stand Out from Your Competitors
Effective SEO campaigns can help your electrical website rank higher than your competitors on search results when potential customers search with related keywords. This simply means more leads for your business.
How to Do SEO for Electricians
The following are proven strategies for running successful SEO campaigns for an electrical website:
1. Audit of Your Electrical Company Website
You cannot reach your desired destination without knowing where you stand right now.
So a detailed audit of your electrical company website is the first step to winning the SEO game.
A thorough SEO audit, if done right, can help you:
- Understand weaknesses and areas of improvement in your website
- Check for manual penalty actions by search engines
- Identify competition and know how you stand against your competitors
- Know what you need to do to win the SEO game
Conducting a detailed SEO audit requires expertise and time. So SEO experts employ multiple tools to run SEO audits of electrical websites.
Build your brand value, improve leads & sales with the electrician SEO experts!
2. Conduct Thorough Keyword Research
Keyword research is the process of figuring out what keywords (search terms) your potential customers are typing in search engines to discover electrical companies like yours.
Thorough keyword research is crucial for leveraging the true power of electrician SEO.
Here are quick steps to do SEO keyword research for a company offering electrical services:
- Identify your ideal customer persona
- Find topics your customers might be interested in
- Generate keyword ideas based on the topics your customers care about
- Analyze the keywords’ business intent
- Consider search volume and SEO difficulty of your keywords to prepare the final list of keywords
Also, you can explore the websites of other electrical contractors in your area to get keyword ideas for your company.
Want to take your keyword search to the next level?
Check the following advanced keyword research tutorial by Brian Dean.
3. Take Care On-Page Optimization
On-Page search engine optimization or On-Page SEO is the process of optimizing pages on your electrical website to boost user experience, visibility, and positioning of the site.
Most SEO experts include the following tasks in On-Page SEO for electricians:
- URL Optimization
- Title tags
- Meta description
- Internal links
- HTML code
- Content on pages
- Image optimization
- Header tags
- Web design to boost user experience
A good on-page SEO tool can provide you with suggestions you need to implement to improve the on-page SEO of your site.
Here are critical on-page SEO best practices:
- Try to include your target keywords in title tags, meta descriptions, and the first paragraph of your web pages
- Make your URL short and descriptive
- Do optimize anchor texts for internal linking
- Use proper header tags in the content of your web pages
- Write descriptive alt tags to boost image SEO. And create titles and file names of your images strategically to reflect the target keywords and images
Last but not least, make your electrical website easy to access on devices of all screen sizes.
Make sure you don’t make these on-page SEO mistakes, which can affect your site’s conversion rate.
4. Fix Technical SEO Issues
Technical SEO, a part of On-Page SEO, refers to a process of optimizing your electrical website to help search engines find, crawl, and index the site.
For electrician SEO to work, you have to fix technical issues if there are any.
Here are key areas you should consider:
- Make sure your web pages are fast and optimized for mobile devices
- Remove or replace dead links on web pages
- Optimize robots.txt
- Check for duplicate content
- Have XML sitemap on your electrical site
- Use Structured Data on your web pages
Technical SEO can be complex for those who are not SEO experts. You can read this advanced technical SEO guide to learn how to optimize technical aspects of your electrical site to improve its rank on search results.
5. Create and Publish Quality Content
No SEO strategy for your site will work if you don’t create quality content, as content is one of the three most important ranking signals.
Content is key to SEO success. And you have to create all major types of evergreen content, such as blog posts, web content, or checklists, to improve electrician SEO.
Here are the best practices for creating SEO content for your website:
- Align your content strategy with search intent
- Create content for all stages of customer journey
- Use a target keyword and its variations in the title, heading, and body of content pieces
- Use bullet points and subheadings to make your content piece easy to read and easy to skim
- Use appropriate call to action (CTA) in all types of content on your electrical business site
Also, you should make a plan to update your blog section regularly. This is because the average company that blogs has 55% more traffic to its website.
So, find trending topics for your blog posts and start creating content to publish on your blog.
Regardless of content types, it takes time and money to produce high-quality content. So, you should make an excellent plan to repurpose your content.
These proven content promotion tips will help you increase the reach of your content.
6. Focus on Local SEO
Local SEO, which helps businesses become more visible on local searches, is imperative for electricians offering local services.
Essential tasks linked with local SEO include but are not limited to Google My Business profile optimization, building Name Address Phone Number (NAP) citations on online directories, and link building on websites serving locally.
The following are the best local SEO practices for electricians:
- Make sure that your Google My Business Profile is optimized
- Maintain your NAP citations consistent online
- Create pages for local services on your website
- Focus on Google Maps Marketing
- Participate in the local community to earn local mentions
- Collect reviews with keywords and locations on third-party websites
Inbound links from locally relevant websites build your authority. So you should try to earn as many local links as you can.
Read this non-technical guide to local SEO to learn more about the topic.
7. Ace Your Off-Page SEO
Off Page SEO for electricians includes everything done outside a website to improve its visibility.
Off-Page optimization is a must to ensure the success of any SEO campaign for electricians.
Here are critical Off-Page SEO techniques to succeed:
- Content marketing
- Online PR, link building, and brand building
- Social media marketing
- Content syndication
- Online events
Off-Page SEO is more than just link building these days. In fact, reckless link building can do more harm than any good to your website.
With Google becoming increasingly tough on unnatural links, you should think beyond link building to master the art of off-page optimization.
Employing content marketing and social media is a powerful way to spread the word about your electrical business and harness the power of Off-Page SEO.
8. Track, Analyze, and Improve
Electrician SEO is a continuous process. So you should take an agile approach.
Create a Google Analytics account and Google Search Console to track and analyze traffic to your electrical website.
Wondering what to monitor?
Here are key metrics you should track to analyze the success of SEO campaigns:
- Organic traffic (by landing page and by location)
- Top exit pages for organic traffic
- Organic bounce rate (by landing page)
- Keywords ranked on Google
- Click-through rate (by landing page and by keywords)
- Indexed pages and crawl errors
You should tweak SEO strategies to improve results based on your SEO performance.
Also, you should analyze the websites of other electricians from time to time to know what they’re doing.
9. Keep Tabs on Google Algorithm Updates
Google updates its algorithm multiple times a year. Some well-known Google Algorithm updates, such as Panda, Penguin, and RankBrain, have changed the course of the SEO industry.
A recent Google Update can help or hurt your website. So you should watch out for recent updates and tweak your website to meet the latest Google guidelines.
Without keeping up with Google’s Algorithm, you can never win an SEO game for your electrical website.
You can track here a complete history of Google Algorithm Updates and Changes.
Electrician SEO: DIY or Hiring an SEO Company
Is it possible to do electrician SEO yourself? The answer is Yes.
But you should get ready to learn the art and craft of SEO for yourself and invest some money to buy the subscriptions of a few SEO tools.
The DIY route to SEO is an apt choice if:
- You’re a fast learner and can grasp technical topics quickly
- You have a good deal of time in hand to invest in learning key concepts of SEO
- You have good writing skills to craft SEO content
- You possess strong analytical skills to analyze SEO metrics and make an SEO action plan based on your analysis
Doing electrician SEO yourself can be complicated and overwhelming, especially when starting from scratch.
Why Should You Hire an SEO Company?
Working with an agency for Electrician SEO offers multiple benefits, such as:
- A reputed company offering search engine optimization services has experience in delivering results
- You can focus on your electrical tasks once you have outsourced SEO to an agency
- You don’t have to purchase a subscription to any SEO tool or write content. An SEO package from a reputed agency includes everything
- A full-service agency can help you with more than just SEO. It can help you generate more leads and improve conversion rate
If you have a marketing budget, it is wise to hire an agency to do SEO for your website. Doing so will help you focus on what you do best.
Besides, learning and implementing SEO takes time. And you might not be in the position to make the right SEO strategy due to the complexity of the process.
Things to Consider When Hiring a Company for Electrician SEO
The SEO industry is overly crowded. So you must know how to spot if your SEO company is a scam to avoid getting ripped off.
Here are a few things you should consider when researching SEO companies to narrow your options. .
1. Get Estimates
Reputed SEO companies can often provide a timeline for short-term and long-term results. You should ask for estimates from selected companies. And inquire about how long it will take to show results.
2. Look Closely at What Is Included
When you receive estimates from different companies, check what is included in the SEO packages. Most companies offer all-in-one SEO packages.
Therefore, you should check if SEO packages are balanced, including On-Page optimization, Off-Page optimization, Technical SEO, and Local SEO.
Also, check whether any SEO company offers you an option to review content before publishing it.
3. Enquire about How They Measure SEO Results
You might think that ranking on #1 on search results is the ultimate goal for SEO. But SEO is more than just ranking on #1.
What’s the point of getting featured on the top of search results if it doesn’t increase leads?
So, you should inquire about how they measure SEO results and what key performance indicators (KPIs) they will monitor. Will they offer monthly reports or weekly reports?
The ultimate goal of electrician SEO is to grow your business. See if the SEO service provider is promising to deliver that.
4. Read Reviews and Testimonials
Reading reviews and testimonials is a reliable way to assess your available options. Third-party review websites like TrustPilot, Yelp, and Google Business, can give you an idea about companies’ expertise.
Also, you should ask if companies can provide verifiable testimonials.
Scanning the social media of SEO companies can give you a glimpse of how reliable they are.
5. Compare Your Options
Now that you know essential information from multiple SEO companies, it is time to compare your available options. Do your research to finalize the company that is offering you the best deal.
When choosing a reliable SEO company for your electrical business, the cheapest is often not the best.
Pick the one that offers the best value for your money. You should go for a company that has worked with electrical companies earlier and delivered results.
How do I Get More Electrical Leads?
To get more electrical leads, you should boost the online visibility of your business. SEO, social media marketing, and paid ads are some popular strategies to get more eyeballs on your business and increase leads.
Is SEO Relevant in 2022?
Yes, SEO is relevant in 2022. With most people conducting research online before making a purchase decision, it becomes critical for business owners to improve the ranking of their websites on search results.
Electrician SEO, if done right, can improve the visibility of your website on Google and other search engines. As a result, it can generate more leads for your electrical business and improve conversion rate.
The tips and strategies discussed in this article will help you improve SEO for your electrical website.
What about you? Are you working with an agency to improve the ranking of your site? Do let us know about the results in the comments section. If you have any queries related to electrician SEO, do contact us. We would be happy to help you.